E18 – Legal Profession – The Solicitor (Article)
Ever wondered what the difference is between barristers and solicitors? Check out today’s episode. It’s about the Legal Profession focusing specifically on solicitors. The episode covers:
- What solicitors do;
- How solicitors train;
- Explanations of key legal English vocabulary.
We listen to an extract from the article ‘What kind of lawyer do you want to be?’ which was published on chambersstudent.co.uk. Chambers Student is an excellent resource to find out information about studying Law in the UK.
Update (22/10/21): Note that the Solicitor’s Qualifying Exam replaces the old route of qualification. You can find helpful information about this here:
Image under Creative Commons License by: Tom Britt.
- PodcastClick here for podcast
- CollocationsClick here for collocations
- VocabularyClick here for vocabulary
- PrepositionsClick here for prepositions
- SpeakClick here for pronunciation
- QuizClick here for quiz
- DownloadsClick here for downloads
Podcast Pro Members get access to the transcription for this episode, which is automatically synchronised with the audio!
Sign in or become a member to unlock.
26th October 2021 @ 07:27
This episode is really really nice! Thanks for updating links.
4th November 2021 @ 12:33
Happy you enjoyed it!