🗒️ About this episode: Today’s episode focuses on the inferior courts of England and Wales. We find out about the magistrates’ court, the Family Court and the County Court including:
- what they do – what type of cases they hear;
- what ‘judges’ work in these courts;
- the sentences they can impose or remedies they can award.
This episode is part of the course English Legal System (module 3): Courts and Tribunals. In future episodes we’ll be giving more detail about each court and tribunal as well as about the people who work in the courts.
🙏This podcast is free to help people around the world. Please help support me and the podcast with a donation.
- Website page
- This episode is part of the English Legal System (Module 3): Courts and Tribunals Course
🥇Learn legal English
- Take a legal English class or course
- Sign up for my site membership
- Buy my book: Practical English Language Skills for Lawyers
- Get italki credit for English classes
📣 Connect with me