🗒️ About this episode: A brief introduction to the criminal justice system. This episode covers:
- The role of the criminal justice system
- Differences between civil and criminal law
- Key institutions involved in the criminal justice system
- Key Legal English vocabulary
This will act as a useful foundation before going into more detail about criminal procedure in the next episodes. Some other useful episodes for you to listen to will be episode 46, episode 47 and episode 48 to find out about the courts involved in criminal proceedings and the categorisation of criminal offences.
Leave your comments below or via email.
🙏This podcast is free to help people around the world. Please help support me and the podcast with a donation.
- Website page
- This episode is part of the English Legal System (Module 5): An Introduction to Criminal Procedure.
🥇Learn legal English
- Take a legal English class or course
- Sign up for my site membership
- Buy my book: Practical English Language Skills for Lawyers
- Get italki credit for English classes
📣 Connect with me