🗒️ About this episode: This episode focuses on what happens in a criminal trial in the Crown Court and includes information about:
● the differences between summary trial and trial on indictment ● the different roles of the judge and jury ● lots of Legal English vocabulary
Leave your comments below or via email.
🙏This podcast is free to help people around the world. Please help support me and the podcast with a donation.
- Website page
- This episode is part of the English Legal System (Module 5): An Introduction to Criminal Procedure
- See a Crown Court trial in reality, visit the ‘Old Bailey’ Central Criminal Court.
- Learn more on Defence barrister Christopher Kessling’s website.
- Watch a mock Crown Court trial with BBC ‘Young Legal Eagles’.
- The Ministry of Justice UK website has lots of free resources here including an excellent and fun resource ‘You be the Judge’.
🥇Learn legal English
- Take a legal English class or course
- Sign up for my site membership
- Buy my book: Practical English Language Skills for Lawyers
- Get italki credit for English classes
📣 Connect with me