Legal translators between language and law. Which education is needed?
Milan, Italy (24.05.18)
The workshop “Legal translators between language and law. Which education is needed?” will discuss the need for in-depth knowledge of the law by professional translators and other legal professionals and how to incorporate the learning of this knowledge into the curriculum of degree programs.
The workshop is organised by Federlingue, l’Associazione nazionale delle Imprese di Servizi Linguistici (the National Association of Companies of Linguistic Services) as part of the #TranslatingEurope workshop series being held across Europe which is funded by the European Commission’s Directorate General for Translation.
The event will be held in Milan on Thursday 24th May 2018, from 10:00 to 16:30, at the headquarters of Unione Confcommercio Milano-Lodi-Monza e Brianza, in Corso Venezia 47.
Important speakers will attend the workshop:
- Representatives of the EU institutions
- IUSLIT (University of Trieste – Department of Law Studies, Language, Interpretation and Translation)
- EULITA (European Association of Legal Interpreters and Translators)
- IULM (University of Milan)
- University of Rennes 2 – Center for the teaching of translation
- Representatives of the Council of European Masters of Translation (EMT)
- Representative of the Court of Milan
- UNI (the Italian unification and standardization body)
- Associations of translation service providers, translators and interpreters
For more information and to register visit the Federlingue website.