1. This prize competition opens at 12:00 AM GMT on 23 December 2019 and closes at 12:00 AM GMT on 19 January 2020.
2. This prize competition is open to anyone over 18 years of age. However, this promotion is not open to employees of the promoter, its group companies, agents or anyone professionally connected with this promotion and any member of their respective immediate families.
3. You must not enter this promotion if this promotion is unlawful in the jurisdiction in which you are resident.
4. To enter, follow the instructions at www.studylegalenglish.com/New-year-prize-2019.
5. You may submit as many entries as you like.
6. Your entry must not: (a) advocate bigotry or hatred against any person or group of people based on their race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual preference, disability, or impairment; (b) contain content which is unlawful, defamatory, harmful to minors or inappropriate, including content that depicts racism, sexism, or abusive, profane, illegal, obscene, violent, offensive, pornographic or indecent behaviour, language or acts or that contains extreme acts of violence; (c) violate the privacy or infringe the rights of others, including by sharing personal, in particular sensitive, data or photos of others or their property without their consent; (d) contain any virus, bug or technical defect that would corrupt or otherwise affect the security, integrity or operation of the promoter’s website or database.
7. Your entry must not infringe another person’s rights, including copyright or other intellectual property rights, and by submitting it, you promise to us that this is the case.
8. Study Legal English reserves the right at any time, in its absolute discretion, to:
o verify the eligibility of any entrant (including their age and place of residence);
o disqualify any entrant found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of the competition or entering using fraudulent means, or who the promoter believes to have acted in breach of these terms and conditions;
o disqualify entrants who do not give correct contact details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf; and
o disqualify any entrant submitting an entry that is inappropriate, offensive or upsetting to other entrants, fans of Study Legal English or contrary to applicable law or in breach of the competition’s terms and conditions.
9. One winner will be chosen at random after the closing date of the competition.
10. The winner will be announced on the 20th January 2020.
11. The prize for the winner is one year of Podcast Pro membership for themselves or a friend.
12. The prize is non-exchangeable and is not redeemable for cash. Should Study Legal English cease trading, the membership will no longer be available.
13. Study Legal English accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with any participant’s participation in the promotion.
15. The prize is conditional in each case upon the winner agreeing to take part in reasonable publicity by the Study Legal English, including by agreeing to allow the promoter to use the winner’s name, country, and details in marketing materials.
16. Winners of the prize competition hereby acknowledge that by entering the competition, they grant Study Legal English a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to:
o use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform that information throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised; and
o use the name that the member submits in connection with such information.
17. This promotion is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any third parties or social media platforms. Participants acknowledge that social media platforms used to promote the promotion shall not have any liability to them in connection with this promotion.
18. Study Legal English excludes all liability for any damages, claims, losses and/or expenses incurred by any participant in connection with this promotion.
19. These terms and conditions are governed by English law.
20. Participants should contact the promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org if they have any queries regarding this promotion.