Welcome to our Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of our website.
EFFECTIVE AS OF: 02nd May 2018
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions. Any use of the terminology in the singular, plural, and/or using capitalisation are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Study Legal English or “Ourselves” “We” “Us” “Our”
Study Legal English is the operating name of the Sole Trader business of Louise Kulbicki in the UK which provides Legal English services at studylegalenglish.com
User or “You” “Yourself”
The individual using our website and service.
Podcast Pro Member
The individual who has signed up to become a Podcast Pro Member to have access to Podcast Pro Member Content.
Podcast Pro Member Content
Material on the website which is reserved for Podcast Pro Members.
Websites or Service
The website studylegalEnglish.com and/ or its content and/or services including the Study Legal English Podcast which is available from other websites and apps.
Description of website
On studylegalenglish.com you can access a variety of free Legal English educational services. This includes (but is not limited to):
- The Study Legal English Podcast;
- The Study Legal English Blog
On studylegalenglish.com Podcast Pro Members only can access Podcast Pro Member Content, this includes (but is not limited to):
- Synchronised transcripts to the Study Legal English Podcast;
- Legal English vocabulary lists;
- Legal English ‘speak module’;
- Legal English quizzes;
- Legal English mp3 and pdf downloads.
Non-Podcast Pro Members are prohibited from accessing Podcast Pro Member Content. Study Legal English may, at its sole discretion and at any time, update, change, suspend, make improvements to or discontinue any aspect of the website, temporarily or permanently.
Podcast Pro material found on the site may only be used by teachers for educational instruction in the following ways:
- The Downloadable Transcript, Collocations, Vocabulary and Preposition List PDFs may be shared with the Podcast Pro Member’s students only. None of the downloadable transcript PDFs may be altered in any way and the copyright information must remain on every page.
- The Synchronised Transcript, Quiz and Speak Module resources may be used in class only and Podcast Pro Members are not permitted to allow their students to use these resources outside of class. For example, the Podcast Pro Member may access a Quiz in class and conduct the Quiz for the students. The students are not permitted to login to the site using the teacher’s login details for any purposes whatsoever including to take a quiz electronically or to earn badges and certificates.
- The Podcast Pro Member may not charge a for-profit fee to the students for using these materials, and may not share the materials with other teachers.
- If a membership expires and is not renewed, all printed or downloaded Podcast Pro Member resources may no longer be used, all hard copies must be destroyed, and all computer files must be permanently deleted.
- Podcast Pro Membership materials may not be posted onto any public or private web server.
- Academic membership allows teachers and academic institutions to have an account with multiple users. Contact Study Legal English directly for options.
You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older in order to use our website. By using the website you represent and warrant that you are eighteen (18) years of age. If you are under the age of eighteen (18) years of age do not use the website.
These Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect while you use our website.
Podcast Pro Membership
As a Podcast Pro Member you agree to:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted in the registration form;
- Maintain and promptly update your information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete;
- Maintain the confidentiality of your password and other information related to the security of your account;
- Be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place through your account;
- Immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or username or other breach of security;
- Pay the applicable Podcast Pro Membership subscription fee;
- Comply with all applicable laws in connection with using the website.
The fee charged for Podcast Pro Membership is auto-renewing and you will be billed continuously for the Podcast Pro Membership subscription until you terminate it. The fees charged for Podcast Pro Membership are listed on the website. We reserve the right to change these fees from time to time.
If you do not wish your subscription to renew automatically, or if you want to change or terminate your subscription, you will need to log in to your Podcast Pro Membership account and follow instructions to terminate or change your subscription, even if you have deleted your account.
Termination and/or Suspension of Podcast Pro Membership
We have the right to suspend or terminate your Podcast Pro Member account and to refuse current or future use at any time and at our sole discretion, without warning.
You may terminate your Podcast Pro Membership at any time via your membership dashboard or by emailing us.
You will not receive a refund in the event that we suspend or terminate your Podcast Pro Membership or you close your account voluntarily.
Unless otherwise stated, Study Legal English owns the intellectual property rights for all material on our website including the Study Legal English Podcast which can be accessed from other sites and apps.
You must not reproduce, transmit, store or share any part of our website or service in a manner that another person will have access to it.
You are entitled to print or download material from our website for your personal use only.
Requests for permission to reproduce any content must be made in writing by sending us an email to which we will respond.
Third-Party Links, Sites and Services
Our website and/or service may contain links or refer to third-party products, services, websites, advertisers, special offers, or other events or activities that are not owned or controlled by Study Legal English. You expressly acknowledge and agree that Study Legal English shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss arising from your use of any third-party website, service, or content and you access these at your own risk.
Our website and/or service may include advertisements which may change from time to time. In consideration for Study Legal English granting you access to and use of the website and service you agree that Study Legal English and its third-party providers and partners may place such advertising on its site and you agree to not use an ad-blocker on our website.
You may post and exchange comments on the website and its services in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Comments reflect your views and opinions and Study Legal English shall not be responsible or liable for your comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of your comments on our website and services. Study Legal English has a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorise others to use, reproduce and edit any of your comments and we reserve the right to monitor all comments and to remove any comments as we sees fit.
You agree that:
- Your comments do not infringe any intellectual property right of any third party;
- Your comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy;
- Your comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
The website and its service are an English language teaching and study resource and are not intended to be used as a source of legal information or advice.
Whilst Study Legal English endeavours to ensure that all website and service content is correct, Study Legal English does not warrant its completeness or accuracy nor does Study Legal English commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
You must take into account the fact that legal English is forever evolving and you are strongly advised to check an up-to-date legal dictionary or seek the services of expert legal translators before using vocabulary, and/ or phrase and/ or sentence constructions for commercial use.
To the extent permitted by applicable laws Study Legal English shall not be responsible or liable for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of content from our website or services.
If you have any queries regarding any of our terms, please contact us.
Terms & Condition Updates
Study Legal English reserves the right to update the Terms and Conditions as and when it sees fit. Your continued use of our website and services after any change in the Terms & Conditions will constitute your acceptance of such change.