In today’s episode I read the article ‘GDPR: how accountancy firms can prepare for enhanced regime‘ about the E.U. General Data Protection Regulation (G.D.P.R.) and the U.K.’s Data Protection Bill. Study Legal English gained permission to use the article in this episode from both The International Law Office (I.L.O.) and the article authors: Rhiannon Webster, Shehana Cameron-Perera and Francesca Muscutt from DAC Beachcroft. The I.L.O. is a great website to stay up-to-date on legal topics and I recommend listeners to register to get free access to this resource. You can do so here.
● This episode includes:
● An explanation of G.D.P.R.;
● What data processing is;
● Some ways to comply with the law;
Explanations of key legal English vocabulary and terms.
You can listen to the podcast below or of course on iTunes and other podcast apps on your smartphone.
- PodcastClick here for podcast
- CollocationsClick here for collocations
- VocabularyClick here for vocabulary
- SpeakClick here for pronunciation
- QuizClick here for quiz
- DownloadsClick here for downloads
This week the synchronised transcript is available for non-Podcast Pro Members !