🗒️ About this episode: In this episode I introduce the topic of alternative dispute resolution, focusing specifically on arbitration. We find out about:
- The process of arbitration
- The requirements of an arbitrator
- The pros and cons of arbitration
We discuss some key Legal English vocabulary and listeners are asked the question: What are some common remedies that an arbitrator can award? Send in your answers to Louise@studylegalenglish.com
N.B. There is a mistake at 1:51 where I say ‘American Civil War’ instead of ‘American Revolutionary War’ – sorry listeners for this mistake!
If you enjoyed the show share it and leave a comment below.
🙏This podcast is free to help people around the world. Please help support me and the podcast with a donation.
- Website page
- This episode is part of the English Legal System (Module 4): An Introduction to Alternative Dispute Resolution
🥇Learn legal English
- Take a legal English class or course
- Sign up for my site membership
- Buy my book: Practical English Language Skills for Lawyers
- Get italki credit for English classes
📣 Connect with me