🗒️ About this episode:
This episode looks at the duty of disclosure in criminal proceedings. It features an edited version of the blog article ‘Disclosure in Criminal Cases’ from criminal defence barrister Christopher Kessling’s website. The original article is available here. The episode answers the questions:
- Why is dislosure so important?
- What is the Duty of Disclosure on the Prosecution in a Criminal Case?
I also ask listeners the questions:
- What is the law on disclosure of evidence in criminal proceedings in your country?
- How can withholding information in criminal trials cause miscarriages of justice?
Leave your comments below or via email.
🙏This podcast is free to help people around the world. Please help support me and the podcast with a donation.
- Website page
- This episode is part of the English Legal System (Module 5): An Introduction to Criminal Procedure.
🥇Learn legal English
- Take a legal English class or course
- Sign up for my site membership
- Buy my book: Practical English Language Skills for Lawyers
- Get italki credit for English classes
📣 Connect with me