🗒️ About this episode: In today’s episode we are looking at some legal English grammar – yes!!! It’s time for the subjunctive! The subjunctive is a mark of an educated speaker and it can also be very effective in persuasive legal discourse both in writing and spoken language. In this episode we find out:
- how the subjunctive is formed;
- when we use it;
- why we use it.
We also practise some exercises and I talk about using the passive voice.
🙏This podcast is free to help people around the world. Please help support me and the podcast with a donation.
- Website page
- A helpful article I mention is by Professor Lisa Mazzie from the US University of Marquette – ‘Revisiting the Subjunctive Mood: Great for Persuasion ‘.
🥇Learn legal English
- Take a legal English class or course
- Sign up for my site membership
- Buy my book: Practical English Language Skills for Lawyers
- Get italki credit for English classes
📣 Connect with me