E3 – Networking – Small Talk 1 (Fiction)
Today’s episode looks at small talk for a legal networking event. It includes:
- Topics of Travel, Homelife, Interests, News
- A fictional dialogue between two native English speakers – from a lawyer and a property developer who meet at the Real Estate Law Conference.
- Explanations of key vocabulary and expressions.
PodcastClick here for podcast
- PodcastClick here for podcast
- VocabularyClick here for vocabulary
- ExpressionsClick here for expressions
- SpeakClick here for pronunciation
- QuizClick here for quiz
- DownloadsClick here for downloads
Podcast Pro Members get access to the transcription for this episode, which is automatically synchronised with the audio!
Sign in or become a member to unlock.
21st March 2019 @ 09:25
This is to report a mistake in E3 – Networking – Small Talk 1 (Fiction) quiz episode
Indeed, according to the quiz ( answer 7) a good way to keep a conversation going is by insulting someone.
I agree but, as lawyers usually say, it depends :).
21st March 2019 @ 09:53
Touché… Thank you for pointing this out, lawyers can like a good fight! I have slightly amended the question, now it is “According to the episode, a good way to keep a conversation going is…”
21st March 2019 @ 18:04
Thank you! I like this course. In particular I’m appreciating how you have contextualized the work on vocabulary and sentences and the gradual insertion of phrasal verbs.
21st March 2019 @ 19:23
Great! Thank you for your feedback.