🗒️ About this episode: In this episode, I interview John Terry Dundon, Georgetown Law professor of contract drafting. We talk about John’s background teaching English abroad, working as an attorney, and teaching legal English and contract drafting. We talk about what the priorities are for drafting contracts including going into detail on specific clauses such as reps and warranties, indemnities, and covenants. John shares his views on plain English and also shares a couple of helpful resources for contract drafting and legal English language learning.
🙏This podcast is free to help people around the world. Please help support me and the podcast with a donation.
- John on LinkedIn
- Working With Contracts: What Law School Doesn’t Teach You, 2nd Edition by Charles M. Fox
- Aspen Select Series Academic Legal Discourse and Analysis: Essential Skills for International Students Studying Law in The United States by Marta Baffy and Kirsten Schaetzel
- Black’s Law Dictionary, 11th Edition 11th Edition by Bryan A. Garner
🥇Learn legal English
- Take a legal English class or course
- Sign up for my site membership
- Buy my book: Practical English Language Skills for Lawyers
- Get italki credit for English classes
📣 Connect with me