🗒️ About this episode: This episode focuses on sentencing of offenders who are guilty of committing a criminal offence. It answers the following questions:
- Who can be sentenced?
- Who passes sentence?
- What types of sentences are there?
- What is the process for reaching a sentencing decision?
Leave your comments below or via email.
🙏This podcast is free to help people around the world. Please help support me and the podcast with a donation.
- Website page
- This episode is part of the English Legal System (Module 5): An Introduction to Criminal Procedure
- A few good videos with transcripts available from the Sentencing Council.
- Legal English teacher resources on sentencing from the Sentencing Council.
- Sentencing guidelines for both the magistrates’ court and Crown Court from the Sentencing Council.
- Information about how sentencing works on Defence barrister Christopher Kessling’s helpful site.
🥇Learn legal English
- Take a legal English class or course
- Sign up for my site membership
- Buy my book: Practical English Language Skills for Lawyers
- Get italki credit for English classes
📣 Connect with me