This episode is part of the English Legal System (Module 5): An Introduction to Criminal Procedure.
This episode focuses on sentencing of offenders who are guilty of committing a criminal offence. It answers the following questions:
- Who can be sentenced?
- Who passes sentence?
- What types of sentences are there?
- What is the process for reaching a sentencing decision?
- A few good videos with transcripts available from the Sentencing Council.
- Legal English teacher resources on sentencing from the Sentencing Council.
- Sentencing guidelines for both the magistrates’ court and Crown Court from the Sentencing Council.
- Information about how sentencing works on Defence barrister Christopher Kessling’s helpful site.
Leave your comments below or via email.
Podcast Pro Members get access to the transcription for this episode, which is automatically synchronised with the audio!