In this episode I interview Richard Lackey, a Legal Translator & Owner of Contractually Speaking Ltd. We talk about:
- What legal translators do
- Why Richard became a translator
- How Richard translates documents including tips about translation briefs from Juliette Scott
- Richard’s style preference including reference to Ken Adams contract drafting
- Useful resources and tips for legal translators
This episode is available as a podcast episode and YouTube video.
- Richard’s website
- Richard’s research on legal style
- Richard’s list of recommended resources
- Richard’s view on Ken Adams
- Richard recommends some organisations such as ITI, ASETRAD, and SFT, for anyone interested in getting into translation, or finding out more about it
⚡️This episode is sponsored by italki. Get $10 USD in italki credits to study languages online with your first lesson purchase click here.*(affiliate link).⚡️ 😊
Question for Listeners
Have you ever had to translate legal terms? If so how do you do it? What resources do you use? How can you be sure your using the correct legal English? Email me!
More interviews here.
Podcast Pro Members get access to the transcription for this episode, which is automatically synchronised with the audio!