🗒️ About this episode:
In this episode I interview Stephen Horowitz, Director of Legal English at St John’s Law. We talk about:
• Legal English LLM programmes for non-native speakers • Legal English writing challenges and tips • Using IRAC – Issue, Rule, Application, and Conclusion • Understanding categorisation • Legal English resources
🙏This podcast is free to help people around the world. Please help support me and the podcast with a donation.
- Website page
- The transcript is available for non-members for this interview here: E81-Transcript.
- St John’s Legal English blog
- St John’s LLM programmes
- Stephen’s video explanation of how to use iWeb Corpus and Stephen’s quiz
- Article mentioned by Stephen – Elizabeth R. Baldwin, Beyond Contrastive Rhetoric: Helping International Lawyers Use Cohesive Devices in U.S. Legal Writing, 26 Fla. J. Int’l L. 399 (2014)
🥇Learn legal English
- Take a legal English class or course
- Sign up for my site membership
- Buy my book: Practical English Language Skills for Lawyers
- Get italki credit for English classes
📣 Connect with me