E81 – LL.M Legal Writing Tips with Stephen Horowitz (Interview)
In this episode I interview Stephen Horowitz, Director of Legal English at St John’s Law. We talk about:
• Legal English LLM programmes for non-native speakers
• Legal English writing challenges and tips
• Using IRAC – Issue, Rule, Application, and Conclusion
• Understanding categorisation
• Legal English resources
This episode is also available as a podcast episode.
The transcript is available for non-members for this interview here: E81-Transcript.
- St John’s Legal English blog
- St John’s LLM programmes
- Stephen’s video explanation of how to use iWeb Corpus and Stephen’s quiz
- Article mentioned by Stephen – Elizabeth R. Baldwin, Beyond Contrastive Rhetoric: Helping International Lawyers Use Cohesive Devices in U.S. Legal Writing, 26 Fla. J. Int’l L. 399 (2014)
⚡️This episode is sponsored by italki. Get $10 USD in italki credits to study languages online with your first lesson purchase click here.*(affiliate link).⚡️
I’ve been teaching Legal English on italki for 1+ year now and love it! Try it out! ?
More interviews here.
Podcast Pro Members get access to the transcription for this episode, which is automatically synchronised with the audio!
Sign in or become a member to unlock.