🗒️ About this episode: Today’s guest is criminal defence barrister Christopher Kessling. Called to the Bar in 1992, he has more than 20 years experience prosecuting and defending all kinds of criminal cases, including ones involving the most serious crimes as a Crown Prosecution Service grade 4 prosecutor. He also runs a website – www.defence-barrister.co.uk which gives practical information about criminal proceedings in England.
In the show we compare what we see and hear in legal dramas and the reality in the English legal system. We cover:
- ‘Objection your honour!’
- ‘May I approach the bench’
- Moves towards plain English
Leave your comments below or via email.
🙏This podcast is free to help people around the world. Please help support me and the podcast with a donation.
🥇Learn legal English
- Take a legal English class or course
- Sign up for my site membership
- Buy my book: Practical English Language Skills for Lawyers
- Get italki credit for English classes
📣 Connect with me